Thursday, May 30, 2013

You Know You Need a Personality Bi-Pass Operation When....

I love group dynamics.  With our women's golf association,  we've played with each other for so long.  We all know each others idiosyncrasies.  She talks too much, she's a bad driver, she's slow, she wears too much perfume, to cheating on scoring or posting wrong scores on purpose.
 But there are some women that go way beyond having idiosyncrasies.  They have the kind of personality that when you meet them for the first time, it's like, uh oh.  This one's going to be a hand full.  We have a lady like this.  She's the kind that will play head games during tournaments (too bad that tree's in your way), insults your swing (I'm surprised you can even hit the ball with a swing like that), harasses the pro staff (Why aren't I going out first?  You know I have to be at so and so at 2 pm.  Change me!),  refuses to play with certain people and again harasses the pro staff to change her, to berating anyone who runs a tournament because she feels the rules are stacked against her (even though everyone is playing under the same conditions).  This lady needs, as one of my old bosses used to say, a personality bi-pass operation.

It really comes down to this:  You know you need to do some introspection when everyone goes up to your opponent and says, whip her as*.  That is what happened to me.  I got congratulatory notes when I beat her in an event.  Whispers...come  on.  I know you can beat her.  Well, I did.  And in typical fashion, the reason she lost was because it was some one else's fault as to why her swing was off.  I guess it didn't help I shot a 38 on the back 9 :))  It's too bad.  She's a very successful woman.  But she works by herself.  She has her own business.  I can assure you.  She is NOT in sales or PR.  How do I handle her?  I typically ignore anything she says unless it's not golf related (but there have been a couple of times I got in her face).  Others just say to her, I can't believe you just said that.  Then she's contrite, most of the time.  I honestly believe she does not know what comes out of her mouth.  And when you call her on it, she might fight at first, but normally she does see the error of her ways.  But not all of the time...

1 comment:

  1. Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!
    Junior girl golf apparel
    Girl golf outfits

    ReplyDelete