Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Golfer's Eulogy...No Joke

Of course we've all heard the quote about how a bad day on the golf course is better than a day at the office. I don't think this was the case for this guy.  But he obviously died a happy golfer.
 From a Florida obituary and posted on FB:

Mr. Yada Yada (fake name of course) "passed away from sudden heart failure on March X, 2014 immediately following a flawless and enviable 18 foot putt on the 5th hole at Nondescript Florida Country Club near his winter home.  He was playing his usual round with good friends on a beautiful Friday, feeling great.  According to witnesses, his final words were joyous, creative, and completely unfit for print.  He always said his goal was to live long enough to play his age, and we suppose that his success or failure will be debated at the numerous 19th Holes by close friends for years to come."

As with the old joke about the wife dying and the husband continuing his round, one could ask, did his friends finish their's?

1 comment:

  1. I’m impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you. you might have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the problem is something that not sufficient people are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled across this in my seek for something referring to this.
    Junior girl golf apparel
    <a href="http://www.kissicouture.com/product-category/accessories/golf-hat/>Girl golf outfits</a>

    ReplyDelete