Thursday, July 31, 2014

Foreplay-Dating and Golf

I've always told my daughter that if she is on a plane she should have two magazine with her, Fortune and Golf Digest.  Why?  A guy might look at her and say, wow, concerned about money AND plays golf.  Good combo.  Might get a date.  I'm just saying.  Anyway, Golf Digest has an article entitled Foreplay.  
It's all about the new web sites available to match guys and gals or guys and guys or gals and gals for dating purposes but with golf as the main instigator.  Two that are mentioned are GolfMates.com which charges $70 for three months of full membership.  And then there's DateAGolfer.com, which is free.  Centering your dating search around golf may not be such a bad idea.  Isn't there an old adage that you really get to know a person by how they play a game?  Imagine what you'd learn on the course.  Does he throw clubs (temper), does he cheat (could be a serial cheater), does he curse (not good for the kids), does he only care about his game (selfish), does he try to tell you how to play (controlling)?  And, most importantly, does he keep you interested enough to want to be around him for 4+ hours?  I have a friend who belongs to The American Singles Golf Association which has 62 chapters across the country. The club regularly hosts golf outings, clinics, and dinner parties so people can meet in person.  The club says that their membership age is between 45-60.  That makes sense since the majority of golfers are older.  Here's the problem for men with using golf as a criteria for dating...not that many women play golf.  Nearly twice as many men play golf as women.  But that sure makes women looking for men golfers a sure fire winner. Image result for pictures of men and women playing golf

So, what do you think?  Is using golf as a criteria for dating a good or bad thing?  Golf is such an important part of my life, our women's golf association, friends' golf trips, etc.  If I were single, I'd have to find a partner that golfed.  He just can't tell me what to do...




3 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you've got produced in writing this article. I am hoping the same finest operate from you inside the potential also. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to start my personal Blog Engine weblog now.
    Junior girl golf apparel
    <a href="http://www.kissicouture.com/blog>Girl golf outfits</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I exactly got what you mean, thanks for posting. And, I am too much happy to find this website on the world of Google. lds dating app

    ReplyDelete
  3. FU DOLL全品特価:120000円! FUTUREGIRLシリコンドール15%OFF!Bezlya Dollシリコンヘッドドール12%OFF! Tpdollラブドール通販ショップ. ラブドール

    ReplyDelete