Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spanx and Golf: Are They a Good Fit?

As we all know the weather outside has been frightening.  So in many parts of the country golf isn't even on the agenda.  Unless you get in the car or on a plane and high tail it out of there.  My husband and I did that with our trip to San Juan.  I don't know about you, but I don't like to play in bulky clothes.  Restricts that great turn I have and that Anika follow through :) Before I get in to Spanx
(is that a double entendre?) and its place in or out of golf, I want to preface it by relating a story of wearing tight under garments while playing golf.  I'm sure many of you, as most of us are women of a certain age, have had vein surgery to either rid ourselves of unsightly spider or bulging veins.  After these procedures, you are asked to wear tight pantie hose.  I, unfortunately, had this done in June.  I live in the southeast and I thought I was going to burn up.  But from this experience paired with not liking bulky clothes, I decided that while playing a round, I would wear some Spanx.  This is what I wore:   Hi-Waist Mid-Thigh Shaper product photo Primary Product View V275 Now you might think that it would be uncomfortable.  I'm used to wearing them anyway so it was no big deal.  Did it curl down while swinging?  No.  Did it curtail my swing? No.  I liked the idea of feeling "firmed up", so to speak.  Ah ha!  I looked damned good in those pants too!  Spanx has also spread out their product line (you know, this is a topic that can be chock full of puns and double entendres.  This is fun.) to include active wear.  I found this sports bra on their site and I love it:   Top-Notch Sports Bra product photo Primary Product View 50X63

I also found some great under garments at a very nice price.  I found them at Tuesday Morning.  They are really cute leggings that I wore underneath my Chico's golf pants.  They are polka dot.  You can see them in my picture above.  Those Chico's golf pants are very light weight, easy to wash and hang up.  Their shirts, however, are a little heavy and may not be good for the summer months in warmer climes.  The tights are by Chill Chasers.

So stay warm ladies and look great at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post. I wanted to thank you for this informative read of the subject.
    Junior girl golf apparel
    <a href="http://www.kissicouture.com/product-category/diva-wear/custom-orders/>Girl golf outfits</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have plenty of tops to wear during workouts, but I don’t have much variety of pants. I want to buy some leggings and maybe some Capri pants. Haven’t tried Spanx leggings before so I’m planning to buy one this time. Will be better if I find a color that will look good with my grey sports bra.

    ReplyDelete