Thursday, July 31, 2014

Golf Tournaments to Support Breast Cancer Charities

I know that this has become a great way to support breast cancer charities.  I wrote about our efforts in an earlier blog: http://womanlovesgolf.blogspot.com/2013/02/think-pink-golf-tournaments.html

Here's an update.  This year's theme is based on the Katy Perry song, Roar!  Our theme is "HEAR ME ROAR!"  Our mascot is a pink tiger roaring loudly.  But the focus of the decorations will be butterflies.  It's based on these lyrics:  "Now I'm floating like a butterfly, stinging like a bee..."  Strong but beautiful...At the awards luncheon I'm going to do a dramatic reading of the song and will have a Greek chorus to sing, well, the chorus.  I was a speech coach so I don't mind doing that. It should be fun.


I do a great deal of shopping at Amazon because I'm a Prime member but they also offer great prices and free shipping.  My committee and I decided that since we had used Marquis crystal for trophies 2 years in a row, it was time for a change.  This year we're doing Arthur Court's Butterfly collection.  Clever, huh?  We're buying the ones that we can easily engrave with the winners' "place" and flight.  We'll then put them on those picture stands for display within the home or remove from the stand and use as a serving dish.

We're very excited about the club's participation in our closest to the pin contests and all of the wonderful goodies we're getting as donations for our raffle.  I have a team of 8 that will work their tails off to keep within budget but still put on a great tournament.  I delegate.  I'm not a dictator that micromanages everything.  I ask people for their participation and give them their budgets and the theme.  Then they simply come to me with their ideas and we go from there.  Yes, things can go bump in the night but usually it's minor.

"Roar" must be very popular because I saw Perry is doing a tie in with Staples with teaching as the focus.  Katy Perry is a marketing genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment